By the end of 2017, Google had expanded to around 30 markets in what I refer to as the core Local Services ads categories (plumbers, electricians, HVAC contractors, garage door companies, and locksmiths).
It has been mostly quiet the past few months but John Simonson at Webstream Dynamics spotted Local Services ads for carpet cleaning in early April. It looks like they are currently showing in at least these markets: Atlanta, Dallas, Philadelphia & San Diego. I also noticed Local Services ads appearing for house cleaning and maid service keywords in Atlanta, Dallas and Philadelphia.
Along with these recent additions, there are new many markets that will likely be launching soon. Some Google Partners have let some of the future LSA cities out of the bag and I’ve seen some signs that Google began on-boarding businesses in numerous other markets starting a couple months ago. The list of new cities is big enough that it’s probably safe to say it’s going to be every decent sized market in the US in the next few months. And that’s not all…
Some public signs that Local Services ads are expanding beyond that:
Wording on the Local Services ads homepage went from this:
The link still takes you to an outdated list that shows just a few US markets. But the Local Service support page has been updated to this:
In addition to possible expansion into Canada, UK, and Ireland, there are hints that other verticals are either on-boarding or being considered for Google Local Services ads in the self sign-up form:
- Air Duct Cleaners – (a job type in HVAC now but may become its own category)
- Appliance Repair Services
- Auto Glass Service – (already in some California markets)
- Auto Service Technicians
- Carpet Cleaners – (already in some markets)
- Electricians – (already in numerous markets)
- Event Planners – (already in San Diego)
- Garage Door Companies – (already in numerous markets)
- HVAC Contractors – (already in numerous markets)
- Handyman Companies – (already in some California markets)
- Home Improvement Contractors – (already in some California markets)
- House Cleaners – (already in some markets)
- Junk Removal Providers
- Lawn Care Providers
- Locksmiths – (already in numerous markets)
- Moving Companies
- Painting Companies
- Pest Control Companies
- Pet Care Providers
- Pet Groomers – (already in San Diego)
- Photographers – (already in San Diego)
- Plumbers – (already in numerous markets)
- Roadside Assistance Service – (already in some California markets)
- Tree Service Providers
- Tutors – (already in San Diego)
- Upholstery Cleaners
- Water Damage Service Providers
- Window Cleaners
- Window Service Providers
I have no idea how many of these are serious contenders to be future verticals for Local Services ads. The fact that they’re on the list should indicate they will be future verticals, or that they at least will likely be at some point.
Over the next few months I think the most expansion will involve new cities for the core verticals, particularly HVAC contractors, plumbers and electricians. It does appear, however, that Google is pushing forward with expansion into more verticals, not just more markets, in 2018.
5 Replies to “Google Local Services Ads – New Countries & Verticals Coming Soon?”
I am from Atlanta and have a carpet cleaning company. Why does it say “ the google local services is not available in your area “
I see other companies on it from Atlanta.
When I try to sign up my company to local services?
How do I get in?
Tried calling and emailing
At this point it looks like they’re just testing carpet cleaning companies in Atlanta and a few markets but aren’t actively seeking any companies to sign up yet. If you haven’t already, fill out the “Get notified when Local Services ads come to your area” form that appears when you try to sign up. And I would continue to check the eligibility form on occasion even after filling that out.
Update – carpet cleaning companies can now sign-up via the self sign-up form in Atlanta and a few other markets.
You can onboard now. Process is very specific and depends on the size of your company. Expect 2 months. My best efforts has been 16 days.
Comments are closed.